Date of last update: 01/03/2023
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files that are installed on the hard disk or on the browser of a computer, tablet, smartphone or similar device with Internet browsing functionality and that have the following purposes: customise the services of the owner of the website, facilitate navigation and usability through it, obtain aggregate information from visitors to the website, enable the reproduction and display of multimedia content on the website itself, allow elements of interaction between the user and the website itself, enable security tools, and so on.
- Web usability: the experience a user has when browsing, using and interacting with a web page.
- Aggregate information: not personally identifying information, typically numerical and for the purpose of providing statistical information.
- Devices: equipment (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) of the user surfing the Internet.
- Publisher: responsible party or owner of the website
- Third party: external entity, collaborator, service provider or related to the publisher, involved in the management of certain cookies.
- Party responsible for the cookie: the publisher, responsible party, owner of the website or in some cases a third party.
- Navigation habits: a user’s behaviour when navigating through a web page, e. g. time spent on each page, parts visited, most frequent sections, traffic source, target pages.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
According to the entity that manages it:
- Own cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the retention period:
- Session cookies: Cookies which are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies: Cookies through which data remains stored in the device and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie; this can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the purpose of the data collection:
- Technical cookies: Cookies which allow the user to navigate on a web page, platform or application and which permit the use of different options or services, e. g. controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: Cookies which allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics according to a series of criteria related to the user’s device, such as language, type of browser, regional configuration, etc.
- Analytical cookies: Cookies which allow their owner to track and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and in order to create behavioural profiles of users on these sites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of usage data.
- Advertising cookies: Cookies which allow an efficient management of advertising spaces which, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the service requested, based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Cookies which allow an efficient management of advertising spaces which, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform via which it provides the service requested. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous monitoring of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display relevant ads.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
MANAGEMENT OF THE COOKIES YOU HAVE ACCEPTED
These are the cookies you have accepted from our website. You can uncheck the ones you do not want to use (except for the functional ones which are always mandatory):
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
Blocking or deactivating all cookies helps protect your privacy, but may also limit your experience on some websites, limit their functionality or even prevent you from properly browsing or using some of their services. If you want to know how to disable cookies for the most popular web browsers, visit the following tutorials: